The scope of this accessibility statement is for the entirety of this Community Portal website.
This website is managed by Jadu who are committed to making this website inclusive and as accessible for as many people as possible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
This site has been built such that you should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
Whilst most users will have your own preferred tools / browser plugins to manage such settings yourselves, this website does provide a number of additional accessibility settings that allow you to change the default colours, contrast levels and fonts as might assist in your use of the site.
We’ve also tried to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
- The main site navigation menu is missing an aria-label. This fails WCAG 2.1AA 1.3.1 success criterion (Info and Relationships).
- Disabled links in A-Z navigation lists do not have enough contrast. This fails WCAG 1.4.3 AA (Non-text Contrast).
- Some images on the site contain text. Whilst we have provided alternative text on the images that matches the text in the image, this still fails WCAG 1.4.5 AA.
We know some further parts of this website are not fully accessible consistantly across the site. For example:
- Some pages and document attachments are not clearly written
- Some tables do not have row headers
- Some pages have poor colour contrast
- Some heading elements are not consistent
- Some buttons are not correctly identified
- Some error messages are not clearly associated with form controls
- Any documents in PDF format are not fully accessible to screenreader software
- Any Google maps on the site are difficult to navigate and magnify using just a keyboard
- Focus will be lost when performing such as a postcode lookup within forms using a keyboard
- There is a 10-minute session timeout on forms without prompt
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
At time of publishing there are no video assets on the site. However, we may add some in future. Guidance will be created to help content authors understand the requirements for captions and audio description for all new videos. This is related to WCAG 2.1A success criteria 1.2.2 (Captions (Prerecorded)) and 1.2.3 Audio Description or Media Alternative (Prerecorded). We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
How we tested this website
This website was and is currently being tested for compliance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines V2.1 level A and level AA, and these tests have been carried out internally by Jadu Ltd.
We used the Website Accessibility Conformance Evaluation Methodology (WCAG-EM) approach to deciding on a sample of pages to test.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We plan to identify and fix issues in an iterative fashion for each of the items outlined in the non-accessible area above by September 2020.
This statement was prepared on 8 April 2020, and was last updated on 17 April 2020.
Reporting additional accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or 0116 222 7242.