Apply for a Council Tax discount for Armed Forces stationed away

Use this form to apply for a Council Tax discount if you're the sole occupant of a property but you're a member of the armed forces and are absent as a result of your service.

Before you start

Please ensure you have the following information available before starting the application:

  • Your 8 digit Council Tax reference number which you can find on your bill
  • A letter from the Ministry of Defence confirming you're on active service and how long you'll be away - you'll need to upload this to the form

You will have 10 minutes to complete each page of this form.