Please use this form to apply for your first Hackney Carriage or Private Hire driver's licence with Rochdale Borough Council.
Before you apply
Please ensure you have the following information available before starting the application:
- The details of any Private Hire or Hackney Carriage driver's licences:
- You currently hold or have held with another authority.
- You've had suspended, revoked or refused.
- You've withdrawn an application for before a licence was granted.
- Documents that you'll need to upload on the form:
- A copy of your driver's licence, including the paper copy if your licence was issued before 1998.
- Proof of your National Insurance number, for example, a picture of your National Insurance card or a copy of your payslip.
- A copy of your passport or proof you're entitled to remain in the country indefinitely.
- Proof of your address, such as a utility bill no more than 3 months old.
- 2 character references from Hackney Carriage Proprietors who have known you for at least 2 years.
- A completed Statutory Declaration Form which was sworn before a Solicitor or Commissioner for Oaths.
- A passport-sized photo of yourself in colour. The photo must be of your entire face and be taken on a white, cream or pale background. You must not wear a hat or sunglasses in the photo.
You'll have 10 minutes to complete each page of this form.